This is an architecture job offering the chance to work for one of the largest aviation architectural practices in the world. The respect for flexible working and a genuinely enjoyable office culture is what retains their staff; in addition to the opportunity of working on schemes across the globe.
The practice was established more than 60 years ago and now employ over 200 staff. Their aviation experience stems across some of the world’s major airports, including our very own London Heathrow; and they often collaborate with other reputable London-based and International firms. They also have an extremely successful portfolio of projects in the rail, education, workplace, commercial and hospitality sectors.
Due to their international presence, with offices located across the globe, the practice possesses the ability to offer their staff the opportunity to travel and work in other parts of the world.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing small teams in the London City Airport team and the leadership on the delivery of the various Ancillary Buildings. You will report to the Project Director, but also take a high level of responsibility and ownership on projects. You will be involved in the design, documentation, coordination and delivery of Ancillary buildings and Airports.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must be ARB registered with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the UK
- Will need to pick up the sub-projects from the current project Associate and run with it to completion, managing a small team in the process
- Leadership of the delivery of the various Ancillary Buildings
- Airport/Terminal project experience, ideally with WEC / WSY / EEC / TIF / GIF
- Extensive experience working on RIBA stages 4 and 5
- Technical integration and coordination skills
- Will require close interface with the contractor and various suppliers
- Technical / construction experience
- Good communication skills and self-confidence are important
- Projects have been developed in Revit so fluency in the use of Revit is vital for this appointment
- Will need to review and quality check all outgoing information
Salary & Package
The salary for this role is offered on a competitive rate and this is something that will be discussed. Additionally, the successful candidate will be offered additional benefits including:
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus twice a year
- Sickness pay
- Flexible working hours
The London office is located at Blackfriars in Central London, just a 2-minute walk from Blackfriars (Circle + District Lines). This location also offers a selection of restaurants, bars, museums, coffee shops and more, take your pick! The company have a great investment in their staff’s happiness and well-being and do their utmost to support a good work-life balance and healthy office atmosphere.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Senior Architect job opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to Miranda.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9763
Hunter Dunning = Architecture Jobs – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists