Hunter Dunning is proud to be working with one of the Top 5 House Builders in the UK, due to ever-increasing developments in the South West they now need an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team in Devon and working on sites across Somerset and Devon. The role offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
The housebuilder and partnership group will be delivering 12,000 private and affordable homes every year which has earned their place in the Top 5 House Builder in the UK. They deliver housing from the North down to the South West, delivering quality housing with sustainability and community at the forefront of their minds.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for supporting the commercial delivery of residential redevelopment schemes in the South West Region You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of JCT, PFI and bespoke contracts and possess an appreciation of project processes along with design and risk management. You will have experience of commercial assistance in delivering major affordable housing and contracting schemes with values in excess of £5m. You will have worked in a similar level role for a main contractor or developer within the region.
Role & Responsibilities
- Strive to optimise the profitability of the Contracts.
- Ensure that the Contracts achieve the optimum cash flow position.
- Assist with contract documentation and sub-contract documentation so that it is completed and forwarded to the Commercial Manager for authorisation and storage.
- Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures through the Business Management System.
- Assisting in the presentation of external valuations to the Client’s Representative.
- Assisting in preparation of pricing variations for agreement with the Client’s Representative.
- Prepare and manage subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts under the guidance of the senior commercial team.
- Assist in the Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Business Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- Work towards the achievement of objectives and targets for the Contract teams.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly CVR & VCA reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
- Monitoring the risk and opportunity schedule and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance.
- Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Should ideally have worked at a similar level within a Construction organisation for at least two years.
- Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience.
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on- site environment.
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation/communication skills
- Degree qualified preferable.
- Professional membership of MCIOB or RICS preferable or working towards such qualification.
- At least 2 years’ experience working within the construction industry
What You Get Back
- Salary £25,000 – £35,000 + car allowance + bonus
- 28 days holiday plus the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Private Healthcare
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
- As a fast-paced and growing business, all employees are offered multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest. Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Jobs in Surveying – Assistant Quantity Surveyor Job in Somerset – Your Property Recruitment Specialists Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 11301)