Winners of ‘The Sunday Times Best British Homes Award’ my client is an architectural practice with an energetic and down to earth team of 40 staff, based in the beautiful area of Chelsea. They now have an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Architect (with contract administration experience) to join their high-end residential team on a permanent basis.
Working across a range of residential, commercial, hotel and mixed-use projects, my client has a reputation in the architectural industry for bringing both a personal touch and a wealth of experience to each and every project they deliver. Specialising in high quality deliverable design, they offer complete architectural and interiors services from inception, all the way through to post completion.
Role & Responsibilities
- Managing multiple single high-end residential projects at one time
- Reporting to the Directors
- Manage and mentor more junior team members
- Liaising with clients and contractors on a regular basis
- Attend client meetings (this is a very client facing role)
- Build trust and a good rapport with the client
- Full contract administration duties
- Work through all RIBA stages of projects from inception to completion
- Use Microstation as your daily software
Required Skills & Experience
- ARB and RIBA registered, with a minimum of 5 years PQE part III
- A minimum of 4 years UK experience
- Experience using MicroStation or Revit would be beneficial, but is not essential, as training will be provided
- Evidence of working across all RIBA stages, on traditionally procured projects, with the delivery of multiple residential projects (including new basement construction) from inception to completion
- Extensive experience working on high end residential individual homes (ideally within the Hammersmith, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea areas of London)
- Comfortable working on projects valued £500,000 – £2 million in construction value
- Confident client facing
- Ability to oversee multiple projects at one time
- Able to manage in house resourcing and project programmes
- Strong understanding of construction budget
- Experience administrating JCT contracts essential, including JCT standard, intermediate and minor works contracts
- Solid understanding of construction detailing (including existing buildings)
- Excellent communication and liaison skills, with fantastic verbal and written English
- Self-motivated and hands on, creative and innovative personality
- A positive and upbeat attitude, with good team spirit
Salary & Package
- Up to £50,000
- Work place pension
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays and additional Christmas office closure
- Group life assurance
What you get back
- Social events
- Team building
- Cycle to work Scheme
- CPD Training
- Annual office weekends away
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Associate Architect job in London, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to Jennifer.email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we may keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10150 Associate Architect Job in London – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists