Associate Surveyor job in London Bridge
New Associate Surveyor / Employers Agent role for our multidisciplinary and award-winning consultancy client, based at their London Bridge office. Working on new build residential, commercial and education projects in predominantly the London area. The role offers a salary of Circa £60,000 – £75,000, progression up to Partner level + remote working. This role will involve leading a team whilst overseeing project delivery.
The multidisciplinary practice is award-winning and specialises in commercial, healthcare, education, industrial, retail, mixed-use and residential. Offering a multitude of services in Architecture, BIM, M&E, Engineering, Surveying, Project Management and H&S. Made up of 6 offices and just over 300 staff, they are continuing to grow and offer excellent progression opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Delivering core employer’s agent/project management services
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team
- Mentoring / managing a team
- Coordinating the process of delivering feasibility, planning and tender stage design phases of projects
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
- Analyse Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled
- Contract engrossments
- Understand and implement processes in relation to the upcoming Building Safety Bill
- Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s)
- Chair meetings
- Identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time to manage and mitigate such risks.
- Undertake all day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
Required Skills & Experience
- Chartered MRICS or working towards
- Must come from a consultancy background
- University degree in either Project Management, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with surveying / project management background
- Understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector
- Experience in new build residential is essential (other sectors like hospitality, commercial and education would be advantageous)
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Ability to mentor and coach a team
What you get back
- Circa £60,000 – £75,000 (Dependent on experience)
- 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Social events and leisure activities
- Health and wellbeing program
- Flexible remote working
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Associate Surveyor Job in London – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 12162)