Our client is a Regional Residential Developer based throughout southern England, due to growth they are now looking for a Business Development Manager / Director (DOE) to join their growing business development team in their Thames Valley office.
This new Business Development Manager / Director role will focus on working closely with clients to plan, progress, implement and advise on projects to deliver, affordable, shared ownership retirement and private housing.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work alongside the Business Development team to maintain existing relationships with RPs and local authorities and positively contribute to the development of new partnerships
- Overseeing the sale of affordable housing quotas on s106 sites, this will include:
– Meeting local authority partners to agree mix, size and tenure of affordable housing
– Leading on all affordable housing matters associated with the execution of s106 agreements
– Seeking offers from RPs
– Overseeing this process through to an exchange of contracts
- Help convert prospects into new business
- Manage the process of all new package deal opportunities for the business from initial site identification through to completion of the land and execution of a JCT Design & Build contract.
- Lead on writing bid documents to support public sector tenders.
- At all opportunities fully explain the company’s ethos and detail the added value benefits that it can offer.
- Attend industry functions and conferences and advise on market trends.
- Use knowledge of local market and competitors to identify and develop the Company’s unique business proposition and differentiators.
Required Skills & Experience
- Have an established network of contacts in the Thames Valley Area that they can draw upon to find new sites with or without planning permission
- Experience in a public facing role, ideally with both a Housing Association or Local Authority and experience of working in the private sector with a house builder or as a land agent.
- Excellent at building strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and generate solutions
What you get back
- Salary of £60,000 – £80,000
- Car Allowance
- Annual holiday allowance 26 days increasing to 27 after 3yrs service and 28 after 5yrs service (plus bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive range of employee benefits
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Business Development Manager / Director Job in Thames Valley – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Joe Synes Ref: 11139)