My client is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis.
Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail and hotel) as well as many specialised property types. However, I’m looking for a Building Surveyor ideally focused in the commercial sector due to the current needs of the business.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 800 specialists throughout 12 offices.
The role will require the successful candidate to provide Building Surveying and Contract Administration Services to both Landlord and Occupier clients in the office, industrial, retail, licensed & leisure and private healthcare sectors.
The candidate will be expected to take ownership of client instructions, engaging directly with the client and being responsible for financial control of the instruction, including the raising of fee accounts and working towards meeting an individual annual fee target.
Role & Responsibilities
- Technical Due Diligence (Pre-Acquisition Building Surveyors)
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations for Landlords and Tenants
- Schedules of Condition
- Party Wall Matters
- Building Insurance Reinstatement Cost Assessments
- Preparation of Specifications and Contract Documents for repair, refurbishment, alteration and fit-out projects
- Producing work for Clients in accordance with the division’s performance and best practice standards.
- Meeting personal performance targets.
- Continuously improving, and adding to, personal skills and knowledge base.
- Maintaining contact with Clients and RM’s so that relationships can be effectively and efficiently managed
- Seeking to develop new business, including cross-selling, identification of new business markets/sectors, and product improvement
- Maintaining excellent business awareness
- Maintaining an understanding of, and help achieve, the goals of the Department
- The candidate will also be expected to participate and support the department’s business development activities, and represent the department at both internal and external networking events
- In addition to servicing the clients of the Building Surveying and Project Management Division, the candidate will also be expected to work as part of a team in receiving and processing instructions referred to the department from property management and agency teams also based in the Manchester office.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Must possess excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must have proficient IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be willing to learn, to be proactive, and to contribute to the success of the Department
- Must possess the relevant degree of practical experience as a Building Surveyor within the commercial property market
- Must be an MRICS qualified Building Surveyor and possess good technical and market knowledge
Salary & Package
Basic salary between £45,000 – £65,000 depending on experience + group pension plan, Private medical insurance, group income protection (after 5 years), life assurance, discretionary bonus scheme, Christmas closure, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, childcare voucher scheme, cooperate gym membership and charitable works.
My client has one of the highest staff retention rates around the world. They care about their staff and discuss progression and personal development from day one. From a personal perspective I love working with them! They are perfectionists in their industry, have an impeccable business plan and a floorless structure.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Chartered Building Surveyor job opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to Tom.email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9909
Hunter Dunning = Chartered Building Surveyor Jobs – Your Property Recruitment Specialists