A Design Technician Job in Hampshire is now available with a leading national house builder based close to Fleet.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients.
Reporting to the Design Manager, this role is undertake the design of timber frame superstructures, roofs, joinery and quantify associated components in accordance with the customer’s architectural designs, the agreed specification, the structural engineering and all to the required budgetary costs and requisite quality standards.
Role & Responsibilities
- Deliver design which meets criteria for customer service, HSE&Q, budgetary limitations and working within the standard system protocols
- Ensure accuracy of pre-design, production for walls floors, roofs, setting out and detail drawings; fabrication for steel, stair flights etc, quantification and creation of Bills of Materials for all structural and joinery components, document control
- Ensure design meets agreed standards for programme compliance, quality and materials budget
- Ensure designs are value engineered to support internal and external customers with design related queries
- Proactively offer appropriate solutions using alternative materials and possible post contract variations.
Required Skills & Experience
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A good working knowledge of Consultec timber frame software or Mitek / Gangnail truss design software
- Demonstrate knowledge of the construction industry, preferably timber frame
Salary & Package
- Highly competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- Private Pension
- Flexible Benefits
What you get back
- Social events
- Team building
- Flexible working
- Buy and sell holidays
- Good transport links
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Design Technician Job in Hampshire, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref:10152 Design Technician Job in Hampshire – Your Property Recruitment Specialists