A ‘Director of Design’ opportunity is available to join a friendly and multicultural team specialising in global interior design, architecture and art projects. This is an in-house position, suitable for an experienced individual within the hospitality industry, to oversee all creative departments.
An international lifestyle brand that has taken over the world, their co-living / co-working model has changed the hospitality industry in some of the most exotic locations in America and is now expanding across Europe from their London based HQ.
The team pride themselves in their ability to redefine what it means to explore, travel and work. To date they have designed over 100 locations globally, that are not only quirky and thoughtfully put together, but that also encourage their guests to connect with like-minded people. They promote art and culture while looking after the environment, offer Yoga and surf lessons at their beach locations and host mean parties wherever they are!
With a very exciting pipeline of projects lined up for the UK and Europe, they are currently looking for a Director of Design to join their in-house team in London and manage different design teams and departments globally.
Role & Responsibilities
- Managing and supervising the in-house interior design, architecture and creative departments
- Designing and delivering global processes, to be implemented timely and accurately by these departments in their respective countries
- Representing the brand guidelines in every project (in the UK and abroad)
- Overseeing the architecture processes, ensuring the layouts are in accordance to product standards
- Implementing the right processes and control points to ensure FF&E for all locations is obtained through upcycling of existing materials
- Designing and overseeing different procedures in the art department to make sure the right level/quality of artistry is implemented in every location worldwide
- Acting as a brand advocate within the different communities of designers, architects and artists
- Ensuring a seamless interaction between Design and Delivery (construction and project management)
- Overseeing the procedures and standards for existing properties maintenance/improvements
- Ensuring all project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately
- Monitoring and reporting project activities to ensure each project phase is progressing on schedule and within budget
- Maintaining a good level of communication between teams and departments
- Providing timely and accurate project documentation and reports regarding project scope, design, budget, quality and schedule agreements
- Working collaboratively with internal and external departments and operations teams to coordinate hotel acquisitions, dispositions, new builds and other transactions
Required Skills & Experience
- BA in Architecture, Interior Design or similar field
- 5+ years’ experience at a Director level, specifically in the hospitality industry. A background working with hotel chains, in-house design team departments and/or lifestyle brands is essential
- Proven experience working/overseeing mixed-use schemes (domestic urban developments) from inception to completion and snagging
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Experience leading teams and projects, maintaining a positive and productive work attitude and a team orientated mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to proactively identify critical path tasks and execute problem solving
- Effective communication, cooperation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to set and work towards short term and long-term goals
- Ability to travel to different project locations on a regular basis
Salary & Package
- Fully flexible DOE plus Bonus and stock shares
- Statuary holidays
- Pension scheme
- Flexible hours
- Social events
- Discounts in the brand’s locations world-wide
- Birthday day off
- Volunteering programs
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Director of Design job opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9926
Hunter Dunning = Interior Design Jobs – Your Interior Design Recruitment Specialists