Our client is one of the UK’s leading home builders. Due to a recent departure they are now looking for an Estimator job in Manchester to join the team. The company concentrate on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients.
The company’s Homes Division’s turnover target for the UK in 2018-19 is in excess of £150m across their three regions, North West England, Central Scotland and North Scotland. They deliver projects ranging from Brownfield infill developments & high-density urban developments to large scale developments ranging in size from 20 units to 1500 units.
Role & Responsibilities
- Maintain up to date database/list of approved subcontractors.
- Ensure all sub-contractors are pre-qualified (Health & Safety) prior to addition to the approved sub-contractor database.
- Prior to commencement of new developments collate and issue subcontract work package enquiries.
- Analyse, interpret and report to Commercial team commercially and technically competitive tenders at adjudication stage including identifying, analysing and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity within the proposals.
- Preparing full detailed take offs and pricing at development appraisal stage
- Maintain and regularly update House type Standard Build Cost (SBCs) and development cost budgets.
- Assist Commercial manager in the preparation of land appraisals / bids for identified land purchase opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain effective working relationships with subcontractors, internal Technical, Commercial and Construction teams and external Project teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- Financial / Commercial awareness
- Accurate cost control to a high standard
- Accurate and timeous reporting skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- IT skills (Cost systems & Microsoft office)
- Team player
- To be able to work under own imitative.
Salary & Package
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
What you get back
- Opportunities for progression
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Estimator job in Manchester, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme?
We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10183 Estimator job in Manchester – Your Property Recruitment Specialists