General Manager Job in Stow-on-the-Wold
Our client is recognised as the leading provider of exclusive, high-quality retirement living communities and they now need a General Manager to oversee all operations of one of their developments in Stow-on-the-Wold, Cotswolds. The role would suit a General Manager with experience in managing operational staff within the Retirement living, Care Home or Hospitality Sectors. The role offers a salary of up to £65,000 + Comprehensive benefits package.
Our client is one of the UK’s largest residential development, regeneration, and property management businesses, they have around 12,000 employees, an annual turnover in excess of £800 million and over £4 billion in assets. Established for over 50 years, they provide not just buildings but sustainable communities across the private sector, assisted living, retirement and leisure sectors. Reporting into the Director of Operations, the General Manager will take accountability for the successful day to day operational and commercial management of their retirement community, ensuring a safe, secure, quality environment and excellent service delivery, working in collaboration with the Customer Services Director, Head of Delivery, Asset Management and third-party suppliers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the operations function of the retirement community
- Work with Director of Operations in setting, preparation, and presentation business plans, budgets,
- Monitor and reviewing all finance and commercials on a daily basis
- Support in the delivery of all KPI targets relating to customer satisfaction, void periods, target rents/resales and profitability
- Review P&L statements for all operational and property expenditures
- Procurement and tendering process for all non-asset suppliers
- Work with our property sales team in securing leads and aiding sales and rentals
- Provide and implement training to ensure team members perform their roles to agreed quality service standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure key policies and operational procedures are in place
- Recruit and Induct team members
- Promote healthier, happier and wellbeing experiences to enable residents to enjoy a host of leisure activities
- Work in partnership with the Customer Services Director to deliver the F&B and lifestyle services
- Delivery of high quality, value for money services that exceed residents/customers’ expectations
- Deal with complaints in accordance with prescribed company procedures and timescales
- In conjunction with the Customer Services Director, lead the customer experience programme and be proactive in problem resolution. Lead by example in the daily contact with residents by being visible and the “go to person”
- Full understanding of the property and asset and to ensure that appropriate staff are aware of their responsibilities
- Attend and/or speak at local community events.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have experience in managing buildings and customer-focused services within the retirement living, care home or hospitality/hotel sectors
- Demonstrate effective customer care leadership skills
- Commercially astute.
- Strong understanding of property management and customer experience
- Ability to lead on compliance in relation to all relevant regulations and legislation
- Proven Customer Service skills and experience of handling customers and customer complaints
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data for strategic purposes.
What you get back
- Salary of up to Up to £65,000
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays + 3 days over Xmas
- 6% contributory pension scheme
- Discounted gym, retail and hospitality
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
General Manager Job in Stow-on-the-Wold – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Job Ref: 11922)