This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress towards Landscape Institute chartership with the support of a small team and contribute to a wide range of project types at all stages of the design and implementation process.
Now seeking a Graduate or Assistant Landscape Architect with good design skills to join their South-Central London team, my client is a multi-award winning, landscape design, environment planning and design consultancy, that has 4 offices and 40 staff nationwide.
Formed of specialist Landscape Architects, Environmental Coordinators, Urban Designers, Scientists, Ecologists and Arboriculturists, the firm has been established for over 30 years and continues to produce a high standard of work across a wide range of sectors. Working with both private and public clients, their diverse portfolio includes; Public realm, urban parks, residential developments, masterplanning and education projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist senior staff in developing reports, outlining designs and detailed information
- Be a key member of support for the delivery of projects
- Be involved in all stages of projects from conceptual and feasibility studies, through to planning applications, detailed design, specification, implementation and contract administration
- Work on a variety of project types including; urban parks, masterplanning, residential developments, education, public realm strategic planning and design projects
- The role will also include working alongside colleagues in other disciplines, including assisting with ecological field work.
Required Skills & Experience
- BA / BSc and/or MA / PGDip in Landscape Architecture (Landscape Institute accredited)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop and SketchUp
- Some relevant project experience
- A flair for design
- Be proactive, show initiative and be confident asking questions
- Knowledge of Vectorworks or Artisan would also be advantageous
- The ability to freehand sketch and produce computer graphics for conceptual design stages
- Fantastic written and spoken English
What you get back
- Salary offered is competitive and in line with industry standards
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Stakeholder pension
- Professional subscription paid to LI
- Regular CPD sessions
- Support for Pathway to Chartership, including registration, examination fees and revision courses
- Yearly appraisals/review
- Yearly free eye tests
- Long standing members of staff
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Graduate / Assistant Landscape Architect Job in London – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Jennifer Driscoll Job Ref: 10434)