A new Head of Developments job with a business providing support services to over 6500 people across the UK.
Operating throughout the UK and partnering with developers, agencies and charities, our client provides accommodation, support and care services to help vulnerable people live independently.
With 300 employees and over 50 schemes across the UK, the business is part of one of the UK’s largest regeneration and development businesses, a group with over 11,000 employees and an annual turnover of £800 million.
The business has a £200 million pipeline of investment and plans to grow by over 40% in the next two years and is therefore looking to make a long term and strategic appointment. Reporting to the Managing Director the successful applicant will work to identify, create, appraise and deliver supported housing development projects. While identifying new development opportunities the successful applicant would also be required to advise and appraise existing assets for re-purposing or sale.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Identify, create and appraise supported housing development opportunities
- Appraise land and property investment and disposal opportunities
- Contribute to and influence the design specification of projects
- Project manage development projects through to completion
- Negotiation of contracts
- Monitor and manage contractor, consultant and supplier performance
- Manage and grow an internal team
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a development role, working on supported housing development projects
- Experience delivering and managing large and complex development projects
- A background in buying and selling investment property
- Experience managing budgets and resources
- Experience chairing and managing meetings
- A high level of technical understanding of design, construction and property related legal issues
- A working knowledge of Homes England framework of policies, standards and procedures for development
- A good understanding of funding streams
With responsibility for the whole of the UK, the successful candidate will be required to travel and therefore must hold a full UK driving licence. The role offers flexible working options, including home working or the ability to be based from offices in Leeds, York, London or Milton Keynes.
Salary & Package
- Salary circa £70,000
- £7800 Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday + discretionary Christmas shut down
- Flexible benefits package.
What you get back
The successful candidate will be highly influential in the growth and strategy of a business with huge ambitions and significant levels of funding. You will be able to build and develop your own team while being part of a business fully focused on making a difference to people’s lives.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Head of Developments job opportunity, please forward your CV ASAP to email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref:10157 – Head of Developments Job in Leeds, York, London or Milton Keynes – Your Property Recruitment Specialists