A new Health & Safety Manager role for an international leading consultancy working for one of their financial services clients, predominantly based in Brighton and London with remote working, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our client is a leading global professional services firm, providing services to a number of sectors including property, defence, utilities, energy, transport and government services. They offer expertise throughout the life cycle of projects to identify, design and project manage. They now need an experience Health & Safety Manager to play a key role for their client in offering an effective Health and Safety advisory service.
Role & Responsibilities
- Based currently remotely you will normally be based in London and Brighton with trips to other offices in Birmingham, Cardiff and Bristol 2-3 times per month dependent on business demands
- Provide H&S support, identifying and managing risks and improvement opportunities
- Provide guidance and advice to support the client to achieve H&S compliance in other business areas such as the housing sector
- Collate group data, strategy development and provide direction for H&S management practices
- Work collaboratively with the client’s designated HSE teams, H&S committees and appointed Facilities Managers
- Maintain and update the H&S management system across multiple offices
- Create and drive the agenda for the Group H&S committee, in collaboration with the Chair of the committee
- Develop objectives and target setting, including performance tracking, with the aim of improving H&S performance
- Review and develop health and safety policies and procedures
- Manage H&S support requests, supporting the local Facilities Management teams to manage any issues
- Maintain an up to date professional knowledge in all areas of H&S legislation, standards, guidelines and codes of practice and ensure necessary changes are implemented internally
- Management and development of additional imbedded H&S Consultant
- Presentation of H&S data from Group business areas at Group H&S committee meetings, providing oversight and governance on H&S performance throughout the Group
- Support the Group in discussions with enforcement agencies
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years’ experience within corporate Health & Safety
- Minimum GradIOSH or Equivalent, CMIOSH would be advantageous
- Up to date with legislative changes and best practice developments
- Ability to implement process and communicate value to internal stakeholders
- H&S Construction knowledge
- Experience in the provision of all aspects of H&S within a corporate environment
- Detailed understanding of all relevant statutory requirements
- Strong knowledge of relevant notifications, applications, and H&S Standards
What you get back
- Salary of £40,000 – £60,000 (Dependent on Experience)
- 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays (Option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year)
- Flexible / Remote Working
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare and Health screening
- Group Disability Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Payment towards professional memberships
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Health & Safety Manager Job in London & Brighton – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Name Job Ref: 11419)