Are you a Junior Architectural Technician, looking to join a practice that will support you in your career progression? Do you have a passion for high quality materials and super prime residential projects?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Architectural Technician to join an established Architecture and Design consultancy based in Chelsea Harbour. With a prestigious client base stretching across prime areas of London, including the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, the practice has developed a strong reputation for delivering some of the most luxurious and bespoke properties not only in England but also in Europe, America and Asia.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be brought into the practice to assist the Technical Director and Senior Technician with their current workload in the super prime residential sector. The successful candidate will be provided with tuition and guidance throughout. You will have the opportunity to work on high quality technical drawing packages and construction detailing for a number of complex and bespoke Residential projects.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Preparing planning drawings for statutory approval authorities
- Preparing and presenting technical 2D design solutions using Auto CAD and traditional methods
- Producing production information under guidance from the Technical Director
- Liaising with Consultants and Manufacturers during the selection process of products for construction details
- Produce construction packages with assistance and direction
- Undertake technical research in to products and building materials as directed by the Technical Director
- Prepare meeting notes and record events as required
- Assist with site inspections by either condition surveys, site progress and analysis of build work and defects
- Undertake quality inspections, i.e. snagging
- Prepare photographic, sketch up and 3D visuals to assist the Technical Director
- Prepare standard and typical details as directed
- Assist with the detailed design process of small schemes and layouts for space planning
- Continuous development of construction skills whilst producing production information
- Ongoing development of skills in writing specifications using NBS
- Undertake research into CPD topics and assist with CPD presentations
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years UK professional working experience
- Fully qualified as an Architectural Technician with the relevant degree
- Experience working within the high-end residential sector
- A keen interest in technical development of bespoke details
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Revit would be beneficial
- Experience in Sketch up to explain building junctions and details
- Some proficiency in photo shop for visualisation of details
- Experience drawing up specifications using NBS
- A highly motivated individual
- Able to work using your own initiative
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Fantastic written and verbal English
All applicants should be able to portray a high level of organisational and multitasking skills as well as all round capabilities.
Salary & Package
Circa £26,0000 (Dependent on experience) + workplace pension
You will be joining a highly successful and established architectural practice, where you’ll find the team is formed of professional Architects and Designers who are passionate for quality London and international housing.
Based in the beautiful Chelsea Harbour area, the office is just a 3-minute walk from the local train station, making this a perfect location for commuters traveling from both inside and outside of London.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this amazing Junior Architectural Technician opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to Jennifer.email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9703
Hunter Dunning = Junior Architectural Technician Jobs – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists