Our client is a young and rapidly growing planning and architecture practice, comprised of a dynamic team whose focus and expertise lay in new residential developments within Greater London.
Due to this rapid growth, a position has become available for a Junior Town Planner. The perfect candidate could be either a recent graduate or someone more experienced and you will be responsible for working on a variety of projects from new builds to complex refurbishments and conversions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responding to initial client enquiries
- Undertaking planning research to respond to those enquiries
- Assisting with site appraisals and feasibility assessments
- Assisting with producing fee proposals
- Liaison with clients, other team members and local authorities
- Undertaking planning history searches and policy analysis
- Assisting with preparation of Planning Statements
- Assisting with assessing planning potential and formulating planning strategies
- Preparation of planning applications, notices and CIL forms
- Preparation of applications to discharge planning conditions
- Assisting with preparation of Planning Appeals
Required Skills & Experience
- An RTPI accredited Honours Degree and/or Diploma or Masters Qualification or equivalent experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to make correct judgements
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn and develop
- Comfortable taking on responsibility and working independently
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
Salary & Package
- £25,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience
What you get back
- Young and dynamic work environment
- Ongoing training
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Junior Town Planner property job opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme?
We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10169 Junior Town Planner, London – Your Property Recruitment Specialists