Land Manager job in Coventry with a large national house builder, trading in the UK for over 70 years and currently on track to build 10,000 homes in the UK in 2018. Due to their continued growth and success in the South Midlands region an opportunity now exists for an experienced Land Manager to join our client’s Coventry office on a full time and permanent basis.
Role & Responsibilities
- Market Research into the valuation of potential development land and land appraisal.
- Land Evaluation through visiting potential sites.
- Planning Permissions/Policy/Potential
- Preliminary Viability of a site to give an indication of approximate land value
- Preparation of professional report to asses costs and predicted profits from a site.
- Preparation of formal planning reports in conjunction with the Planning Manager
- The appointment of external professional teams and consultants
- In conjunction with the Technical Department, management of technical enquiries such as ground investigation, drainage, rights of light and drainage
- Advising the Estimating Department on viability associated with every land acquisition
- Lisaon with the sales department to advise on appropriate specification, unit types and price bands
- Consultation with the Construction Department to devise a programme for construction and sales
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Land Buying Role
- Degree qualified (ideally Planning or Surveying
- RICS or RTPI beneficial but not essential
- Excellent negotiation skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively liaise with both internal and external teams
- Report writing skills and an eye for details
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £55,000 + Bonus, Car Allowance & Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will be joining a business that invests heavily in the professional development of its staff with ongoing opportunities for career progression both with in the region and wider business. While developing professional skills you’d also be joining a highly sociable team that enjoy regular social events and sporting activities.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Land Manager job in Coventry, please forward your CV ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10133
Land Manager Job in Coventry– Your Property Recruitment Specialists