An established architectural practice is now looking for an office coordinator for their studio in Clerkenwell, London. The role is very varied and involves supporting the architectural and management teams, as well as enabling the smooth and professional running of the studio
With 120 staff in three offices in Leeds, London and Manchester. My client has been delivering high profile architectural projects for over 40 years. Some of their speciality markets include education, leisure facilities, as well as hotels, residential, masterplannning and commercial/industrial sectors. You will be joining a sociable team that care about their staff and you will be involved in lots of social events in and outside of work. The ideal person will be a positive, proactive and personable individual, who enjoys working in a creative business environment. Based in West Central London, there are plenty of things to do and great transport links in and out of the city.
Role & Responsibilities
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority and be the first point of contact on their arrival
- Reception duties (answering calls, directing as necessary, taking accurate messages)
- Set up meeting rooms, organise refreshments, set up AV equipment
- Maintain the professional look of the studio at all times
- Keep marketing materials in reception and meeting rooms up-to-date
- Purchase office consumables and direct incoming and outgoing packages / deliveries
- Proactively support the architectural teams with project admin tasks
- Use initiative to ensure that the administration of the studio runs smoothly
- Book travel and accommodation, prepare itineraries where required
- Organise project meetings / diary management
- Prepare contract administration documents on projects (e.g. architect’s instructions)
- Devise and maintain office systems, including internal systems, filing, archiving etc
- Screen telephone calls, enquiries or requests, and handle them when appropriate
- Assist with collating management reports and circulating to other offices
- Deal with correspondence, produce documents, briefing papers and reports
- Act as point of contact for Leeds and Manchester offices
- Assist with financial administration (e.g. purchase orders)
- Maintain staff whereabouts log
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for internal studio meetings
- Manage office diary, set up B2Bs or management meetings
- Assist with setting up new employees, such as coordinating the induction process.
Required Skills & Experience
- Great working knowledge of all Microsoft software (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of InDesign is desirable, but not essential
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an architectural/construction, or corporate office within the UK
- Accurate, efficient and organised whilst under pressure
- Confident greeting visitors and clients that enter the studio
- Able to use your own initiative
- Presents yourself in a confident and persuasive manner
- A team player
- Personable, energetic, approachable and fun
- Fantastic written and oral English
Salary & Package
- Up to £28,000 (Dependent on experience) + workplace pension
- 23 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- 37.5 Hours per week
What you get back
- Social events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Team building
- Flexible working
- Buy holidays (Up to 5 days holiday can be bought at the beginning of each holiday year)
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Office Coordinator Job in Clerkenwell, London, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to Charlotte.Lambert@hunterdunning.co.uk or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10185 Office Coordinator Job in Clerkenwell, London – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists