A a new job opportunity for an experienced Town Planner to take on the role of Principal Planner for the Midlands region of large national residential development business
Our client is one of the largest providers of retirement living accommodation in the UK and has sites the length and breadth of the country.
The successful candidate will take on the role of Principal Planner and will be responsible for pro-actively managing the planning function within the Midlands Division.
Role & Responsibilities
- To review emerging planning policy and guidance and associated documents at all levels to advise the Company of its ramifications and make submissions on the Company’s behalf as to its content in liaison with Group Communications in respect of National Planning Policy.
- Manage all planning activities within the Midlands Division including;
- Preparation and submission of minor applications relating to a development
- Preparation and submission of the major application for a proposed development
- Preparing information and evidence in respect of housing need for a given area
- Carrying out policy checks and feasibility reports for potential site acquisitions.
- Production of detailed reports at an early stage of planning prospects to be inputted into Company investment decisions.
- Preparing Planning Appeal submission as or for planning witness
- Attendance at meetings, planning committees, pre and post-application public consultations.
- As necessary assist wider Divisional Development Team in any post Contract planning issues (discharge of planning conditions, enforcement action etc.)
- To review and advise on proposed financial levies on development (Community Infrastructure Levy or similar) and to advise the Company of its ramifications and make submissions as to its content including viability modelling.
- Coordinate with Viability Assessors to instruct financial viability assessment, coordinating internal information as required.
- Assisting the Appeals Team with the organisation and management of strategy meetings, minuting meetings and undertaking and monitoring actions arising from those meetings.
- Preparing information and evidence for planning appeals to include site research, collation of evidence and backup information as required.
- Play an active role in monthly Design, Land and Planning meetings to provide expert advice on both current and potential development sites
- Working with Appeals Manager / Director assist with submission of planning appeals.
- To work with all Planning, Head Office and Divisional staff, Divisional Design and Land personnel, Appeal Team members, external consultants and Local Planning Authorities.
Required Skills & Experience
- MRTPI qualified
- Relevant experience working for a house builder or retirement living developer
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of financial viability assessments and impact of affordable housing contributions
- Must be able to provide evidence of successfully taking projects through the appeal processWhat you get back
- Salary: £50,000-£60,000
- Car Allowance
- Private Medical
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Principal Planner Job in The Midlands – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Ref: 11156)