Now seeking a Project Architect, my client are a popular AJ100 practice based in South Central London. Selected for the ‘Good Employer Guide’ for the last 3 years running, my client has an extensive and envious list of staff perks and benefits and offers a sensible work life balance, allowing the team to manage a healthy work life balance.
With over 18 years of experience across a wide range of projects in the UK and overseas, my client has built a reputation for producing exciting, contemporary architecture and interiors. Their diverse portfolio includes high end residential, mixed-use, commercial, community and hotel projects of a high standard. Collaborating with some of the most reputable practices in the UK, including Stanton Williams, Gensler and DSDHA, my client delivers an outstanding service and produces work of a high standard of quality.
Role & Responsibilities
- Initially you may be involved in the refurbishment of a large grade listed building (containing multiple residential units) where you will run this project with other seniors
- Following the above project, you will likely move on to running smaller scale, prime residential projects
- Work across all stages of projects throughout your career with the practice
- Report to the Directors on progress of projects
- Attend client and contractor meetings and liaise with them regularly
- Help manage more junior team members
- Ensure projects run smoothly and tight deadlines are met
Required Skills & Experience
- Fluent use of AutoCAD or Revit is essential
- Experience working with Sketch-Up & Adobe suite
- Excellent detailed technical design ability
- A minimum of 3 years UK professional working experience
- A minimum of 3 years PQE Part III
- Experience working on high-end residential and high-end hospitality projects
- Comfortable working on large-scale complex project types
- Technical experience of delivering the above type of projects to a high standard
- Evidence of working on one residential project from concept to completion is ideal
- High quality visualisations would also be highly beneficial
- A passion for high quality design and materials
- Confident and hands on
- An eye for good design and detail
- Excellent verbal and written English
- A good communicator, with an approachable and friendly manor
- Confident and comfortable with this being a client and contractor facing role
- Looking to commit yourself to my client for the foreseeable future
Salary & Package
- £38,000 – £43,000
- Pension scheme 3% contribution from the company
- Life assurance of 4 times salary
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days with service + bank holidays
- Core working hours are 10 am – 4.30 pm providing flexibility at either end of the day
- Permanent health insurance for long term sickness
- Discretionary profit share bonus
What you get back
- Christmas office closure = an additional 3 days holiday
- Childcare vouchers
- Green bike scheme
- Annual salary review
- Free eye tests
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- RIBA membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- Comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars
- 1 day’s personal CPD provision per year
- Financial support for RIBA part 3 candidates
- Additional study leave for professional exams
- Regular creative review sessions
- Company membership of the NLA with free access to events
- Annual performance reviews
- Annual office trip e.g. Madrid, Porto, Rotterdam, Paris, Copenhagen
- Social and games e.g. softball in the summer, drinks etc.
- Kitchen, showers and secure, covered cycle storage facilities
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Project Architect job in Waterloo, London, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make, and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10188 Project Architect job in Waterloo, London – Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists