Project Manager Job in Chelmsford, Essex
Project Manager job / Employers Agent job covering sites in Essex. Working on new build, large-scale residential projects for a growing multidisciplinary consultancy. Offering of £45k + Bonus + Travel + Excellent progression opportunities and support with professional accreditations. You will be joining a rapidly growing consultancy with long standing public and private sector clients in the residential construction sector, split between Essex sites and working from their London, Westminster office.
The consultancy offers a multitude of services to include project management, surveying, cost consultancy, and design management, and specialise in residential and affordable housing projects for developers, Housing Associations and Local Authorities. Made up of around 100 employees and 4 offices, they are continuing to grow with a strong pipeline of work across London, Southeast and Midlands.
Role & Responsibilities
- Liaise closely with Clients, Contractors and Developers
- Report on a regular basis on status of projects and update Fee Projections
- Deal with/organising all pre-contract investigations, surveys and other due diligence issues required by Clients, including sustainability issues
- Chair and minute pre-contract meetings; immediate issue of minutes to all relevant parties
- Project manage other consultants on behalf of client
- Undertake all client funding and developments control requirements
- Prepare Employer’s Requirements, Performance Specifications, RDS etc
- Amend contracts, prepare Build Agreements and JCT contracts
- Tendering (single & 2-stage) including EU Procurement Analysis & Reporting
- Prepare and issue Contract Documents
- Chair and minute site meetings
- Regular site inspections and reporting
- Timely issue of relevant Instructions, Certificates and Notices
- Assess contractor payment applications & advise client on cash flow forecast
- Coordinate management of projects as a whole, ensuring timely and satisfactory delivery to Clients
- Carry out/organise pre-handover inspections
- Carry out/organise End of Defects Inspections; monitor defects; issue relevant/appropriate Certificates/Notices
- Prepare Final Accounts, claims and final statements.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years’ experience as a Project Manager, Building Surveyor or Employers Agent
- Residential construction project management experience
- Ideally experience in working for a consultancy or client side for a Housing Association, Developer may also be considered
- RICS Accredited Degree
- Working towards MRICS or MCIOB
- UK Driving Licence and own car.
What you get back
- Salary £45,000 (Negotiable) + Bonus + Travel (package is negotiable dependent on experience)
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (+ Birthday + Christmas)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Support with professional subscriptions
- Ability to cover Essex based sites and travel to Westminster.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Project Manager Job in Chelmsford, Essex – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 12682)
Search the Hunter Dunning website for more vacancies: www.hunterdunning.co.uk/jobs/
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/hunter-dunning-ltd