Up to £50,000 + Benefits
One of the UK’s leading home builders and timber systems manufacturers is looking to recruit a Project Surveyor. With developments across Scotland and the north west of England they design and build a wide range of residential homes for a range of customers from mews homes to family homes and luxury apartments.
Their Timber Systems designs and manufactures a range of timber system solutions, working with clients across the UK in the housing and commercial sectors. They have a reputation for premium quality and innovation with a market leading position based on their expertise, innovation, quality and commitment to providing the best service to their customers. They are a five star builder having been awarded the accolade by the House Builders Federation and are proud to have 97% of customers happy to recommend them.
The position is to be based in our client’s Witney premises, reporting to the Head of Commercial the Project Surveyor is key to our businesses success: the role holder is a key customer facing member of the team, who puts the customers’ needs central to their thinking. The Project Surveyor shall successfully deliver Timber Frame projects, the measure of success being its commercial compliance or betterment than budget; it being delivered within the agreed timescales; and delivery of customer service / quality.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with the cross functional team across the business, to deliver projects to the correct price and specification, on or ahead of programme and on or under budget.
- Maintain contact with the customer throughout the project lifespan, and act as a key contact.
- Provide pre-contract support on terms and conditions at the sales phase where required; negotiating, agreeing and recording formal Contracts and Warranties with our customers and communicating latent risk to the internal team and seeking Board authority to proceed where required.
- Maintain a full and detailed command of the project brief, in every respect: build methodology, scope of works, programme, process, costs, safe working systems, building performance, employer’s requirements, technical and contractual matters.
- Manage, define and articulate this brief with the customer and internal supply chain.Track the progess of the customer’s input to the project so that their needs are anticipated and planned to the business’s forecasting and planning systems.
- Prepare subcontract tender information and take a lead role in negotiating and appointing the required sub-contractor for the works. Review and approve the subcontractor payment for your projects whilst taking into account relevant variations or recharges.
- Provide direct intervention to manage contractual customer engagement issues such as variations, notices, relevant events, overdue debt, retentions and claims.
- Liaise regularly with the Finance team to ensure all applications for payment are sent out to the Client timeously and maximise the businesses cash flow.
- Take action, control, follow up and solve challenges within the project so that the project budget, plan and customer service targets are maintained.
- Maintain close dialogue with the company’s Milne Timber Systems internal management team to determine site progress and other site related issues.
- Regularly review project financial performance to identify best practice and cost performance and propose actions to improve performance where possible across the wider business.
- Report progress on all project matters affecting cost to the Commercial Manager and Finance Director
- Undertake the preparation of Final Accounts, with reference to the project history and costs, and the negotiation and agreement process.
Required Skills & Experience
The Project Surveyor shall require the below noted Technical Expertise, or be progressing through an agreed development plan to achieve these skills, so that he/she will be successful in their accountabilities:
- Understands process and how to apply it, relying on a high level of rigour and adherence to robust core processes
- A planner, who applies logic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and fluent leader with strong influencing skills
- Confident negotiator in a business to business environment
- Commercially astute, at ease with financial data, and innovative in value engineering and can translate this into the Project being managed
- Comfortable with detail and complex situations, can evaluate a situation or process and contribute to or create outright solutions
- Able to prioritise and delegate effectively whilst always tracking progress and retaining accountability
- Broad based knowledge and interest in the Construction Industry, the House Building Sector in particular
- Knowledge of Timber Frame construction
Up to £50,000 + Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, the business is proud to develop their employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the group.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this amazing opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9081
Hunter Dunning = Project Surveyor Jobs – Your Property Recruitment Specialists