My client is a UK wide specialist Civil Engineering contractor within the water sector, they are currently looking to expand their team with the appointment of Head of Supply Chain ideally in their Bedford office however other locations may be available UK wide.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plan and implement logistical departmental strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and support the Buyer to source the right products
- Implement and oversee supplier list for regular purchases ensuring the best value and clear and appropriate SLA’s
- Review processes on a frequent basis, identify and propose clear innovations in operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Implement new technologies, maintain excellent product knowledge and stay alert to new trends in the sector
- Support the company’s business plan and aim to become carbon net zero
- Deliver accurate and regular reports on supplier performance and forecasts on supply chain and inventory risk to provide the appropriate transparency and analyse data for all stakeholders
- Manage, develop and lead the Supply Chain department, raising the bar of professionalism and integrity
Required Skills & Experience
- Relevant industry qualification, such as CIPS, HND or CPPB
- Project management qualification, such as LEAN or Prince
- Understanding of procurement, plant, fleet, buying, carbon/green efficiencies
- Extensive negotiation experience to ensure products are sourced at the best possible price
- CIPS Chartership (desirable)
- Construction / Civil engineering experience (desirable)
What you get back
- £50,000 – £55k,000 + car / allowance
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays (option to buy 5 extra days)
- 6% pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Property jobs in Bedford for a Head of Supply Chain – Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Scott Job Ref: 11202)