Up to £35,000
An opportunity now exists for a motivated and driven individual to take on the role of Property & Maintenance Manager with one of Southampton’s largest property investors and private landlords, based in heart of Southampton.
Within this position the candidate will be managing a portfolio of approximately 180 properties for over 1000 student tenants. Of these the majority are located in Southampton, with a few further properties in Portsmouth and London. The candidate will be responsible for a fully employed team of 8 tradespeople.
The main aim of this role is to ensure efficient and effective management of the portfolio, ensuring superb customer service levels are maintained at all times, both to tenants and to investors.
You will be well-presented and confident. You will set the tone and provide the example for the efficient running of the maintenance team. You will be a talented communicator in every arena, an excellent people manager, able to foster a great team spirit and will be highly organized.
Role & Responsibilities
- Receive and action tenant maintenance requests
- Communicate all actions to tenants
- Manage a team of 6-10 directly employed trades (seasonal fluctuation)
- Where applicable instruct approved contractors, controlling costs and quality
- Manage relationships with sub-contractors
- Reconcile and authorise supplier invoices on the in-house database
Landlord Client Liaison & Managed Properties:
- Develop personalised relationships with Client Landlords
- Report necessary property maintenance to Landlords
- Report proposed medium scale property improvements to Landlords
- Be able to oversee medium-scale projects of up to £50k in value
- Prepare quotations and time schedules for proposed maintenance and works
- Provide regular updates and photographs to Landlords during projects
- Reconcile and authorise invoices for 3rd party projects on in-house database
- Ensure gas safety records are up-to-date at all times
- Arrange electrical safety checks
- Assist with HMO compliance
- Assist with inventories, check-ins and checkouts
- Assist with the compilation of photographic records
- Familiarisation with and use of bespoke property management system employed to Log maintenance issues reported by tenants
- Compile daily work schedule and individual job sheet for trades and subcontractors
- Organise, prioritise and co-ordinate maintenance jobs
- Allocate and monitor all maintenance tasks
- Arrange property visits to clarify and analyse issues
- Arrange periodic property inspections to maintain standard of portfolio
- Order materials required for maintenance jobs
- Liaise with tenants re planned maintenance visits
- Visit properties for task quality control
- Develop knowledge of design, building and maintenance
- Develop relationship with existing clients to grow business
- Assist with managed building projects
- Expand and maintain knowledge of up-to-date property legislation
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience of working in a maintenance or building is useful, but not essential
- A natural interest in building and design
- Hard working and organized
- Be an able and inspiring team leader
- Be able to prioritize, and understand cash-flow sensitivities and constraints
- Perform administrative tasks to a high standard
- Communicate well across a wide range of contacts – face-to-face, verbally and in writing
- Keep excellent records with attention to detail and accuracy
- Work Proficiently in the use of a range of IT software packages
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
Salary & Benefits
The successful applicant will be offered a salary of between £28,000 – £35,000.
This is an opportunity for an individual with a ‘can do’ attitude and a strong work ethic. The company has continued to grow year on year since it was founded and is looking to employ an individual that wants to develop their career within an expanding business.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role of Property & Maintenance Manager, please forward your CV ASAP to email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Hunter Dunning = Property & Maintenance Manager Jobs – Your property recruitment specialists