A creative and fast-paced workplace design studio now has a new architecture job for an experienced Architectural Technician/ Site Architect to join their team in Southwark, London. The role will be varied and working across several projects at one time, mainly across workplace, but some residential and hospitality projects. The role comes with some fantastic benefits, which include a free massage once a month for all employees and personal training sessions!
With over 20 years’ experience in the industry, this design and architecture studio is well known within the workplace industry, having developed the HQ office of global retail, music and lifestyle companies. Thanks to their creative vision and a proactive team of 45 staff, they have created unique work spaces that offer a home from home feel to their international clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work specifically across technical stages of multiple projects at one time
- Produce detailed technical construction information to a high standard
- Oversee more junior team members
- Report to your seniors on project progress
- Visit site and liaise with Contractors
- Keep up within a fast-paced working environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience as a qualified Technician or Architect
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional practice within the UK
- Experience on substantial architectural / interior projects, focusing on the refurbishment and extension of existing buildings
- Experienced working on workplace, commercial and hospitality projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of exterior and interior detailing, to include joinery and specialist finishes
- Knowledge of latest building regulations and British standards
- Adept at carrying out detailed coordination with other consultants
- On site experience – working closely with contractors to ensure a high level of finish
- Excellent AutoCAD skills
- Revit and BIM knowledge would be advantageous, but is not essential, as in-house training is available
- Experience writing/reviewing NBS specifications
- A good understanding of high-quality design
- Comfortable working under your own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Upon interview candidates should:
- Show examples of completed drawing packages – from GA floor plans through to construction detail drawings
- Talk confidently about challenges experienced and how they were overcome
- Show experience of external works, planning applications and listed building applications
- Be articulate, show initiative and be capable of working as part of a dynamic team.
Salary & Package
- 20 days holiday + Christmas Shutdown + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
What you get back
- Training and regular development reviews
- Social events
- Free massages
- Personal Training Sessions
- Food provided for breakfast / lunch
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Architectural Technician / Site Architect architecture job in London please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to Jennifer.email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10125 Architecture Jobs – Architectural Technician Job in London – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists