Our client, a Yorkshire based local authority is as part of it’s commitment to sustainable growth now looking to recruit a Senior Development Manager to join their development team.
As part of their growth plan the council aims to create high quality places, increased housing provision and green infrastructure. This plan is funded by investments in a programme of up to £240m, coupled with their aspiration of utilise the Council’s £1bn land and property portfolio to deliver private sector housing schemes.
The Council has established a Growth Delivery Team to lead on the development and management of a commercial property investment programme. A Senior Development Manager is now required to provide strategic leadership in the identification of opportunities, undertaking due diligence and making recommendations to various boards to secure investment.
The Council has already created a wholly owned limited company to develop market housing and they are currently delivering their first scheme. Work is also on-going to review the Council’s wider asset base, which is surplus to operational requirements, to develop a pipeline of sites for future development, secure planning consent then develop for private sale. There will be a requirement to assess other commercial investment opportunities across a range of sectors, including retail, PRS, housing, energy/renewables and industrial, and make the case for investment to deliver a level of return.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a new and exciting role and the post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Council can effectively deliver on this programme. The key focus for this new Growth Delivery team will be:
- Strategic assessment of commercial opportunities
- Strong links with developers, agents and investment professionals
- Working with the County Council Property Service to derive maximum value from the asset base that is surplus to operational requirements.
- Identifying and appraising external commercial opportunities.
- Developing robust business cases to make the case for investment.
- Undertaking due diligence on proposed investments.
- Strategic oversight of a pipeline programme and managing projects.
- Overseeing consultants preparing feasibility studies and technical work.
- Commissioning services and managing contracts.
- Providing professional advice.
- Providing expert market knowledge.
- This is a challenging role given the complexities of developing a commercial property investment programme and it will require an exceptional individual with the perseverance to deliver results.
- Reporting to the Assistant Director with the Growth Delivery Team, the successful candidate will be directly responsible for the line management of professional and technical staff.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of delivering successful housing schemes from site identification, procurement to practical completion value £2-20m
- Experience of delivering successful commercial property investments and associated due diligence £0.50-£50m.
- Extensive experience of delivering complex and challenging projects.
- Experience of working with and influencing senior managers and politicians.
- Experience of managing consultants across a range of technical services.
- Experience of producing business cases in accordance with Green Book principles.
- Experience of managing multi million pound procurements.
- Private sector housing development and delivery expertise
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial property investments and associated due diligence.
- Significant understanding of current legislation and Government interventions with respect to growth.
- Demonstrable understanding and practical application of project management methodologies.
- Significant understanding of public sector commercial ventures
- Relevant Degree or Equivalent Level Qualification in business, economics, finance, law, property, investment, construction or planning.
- Recognised project management qualification or demonstrable practical experience
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of £60,000
Apply If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Senior Development Manager job opportunity, please forward your CV to email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9743
Hunter Dunning = Senior Development Manager Jobs – Your Property Recruitment Specialists