This is a unique opportunity for a Senior or Associate Landscape Planner/Landscape Architect based in Edinburgh to work on a diverse range of high-quality projects varying in scale and sector. If you have an aspiration to rapidly progress your career and a commitment to ongoing professional development, then don’t delay and apply today!
My client is an established practice led by 19 Partners and employing approximately 350 employees in 13 regional offices across the UK. Their portfolio includes residential and commercial schemes, mixed use masterplans and layouts, new settlements, extensions to existing towns, infrastructure-led new communities, regeneration and community-led development proposals. The value brought to projects is demonstrated by the close working relationship fostered within the office, and the wider company culture, which enables the involvement of Landscape at the beginning of the process to provide a landscape led approach to fully inform scheme layouts.
The Edinburgh office is multi-disciplinary and well known for its integrated approach, and includes Landscape Design and Planning, Masterplanning & Urban Design, Architecture and Town Planning. The modern office is based in the heart of the city centre on George Street, and is open plan, benefitting from a friendly and sociable atmosphere.
Role & Responsibilities
- The focus of the role is on providing Landscape Planning input and strategic and detailed design input as part of the planning process on projects in both urban and rural settings with a nationwide remit
- Provide strategic, conceptual and detailed design packages including production of outline detailed and reserved matters planning packages
- To undertake, write and prepare Landscape and Townscape Visual Impact Assessments
- Undertake preliminary landscape and visual appraisals to inform the development process
- Prepare strategic assessments of sites in the Green Belt, Strategic Gaps and AONB (An Area Outstanding Natural Beauty)
- Landscape Capacity Studies
- Write Landscape Masterplans and Strategy Plans
- To work closely with our landscape teams in Reading, Bristol and London
Required Skills & Experience
- Be a Chartered member of the Landscape Institute (at least Masters/Diploma qualified is required) at Landscape planner/Architect level
- Have strong graphic production skills (either hand drawn and digital) and a proven ability to communicate ideas in a clear and exciting way
- Have excellent technical and design skills, and an understanding of the design process
- A comprehensive knowledge of best practice landscape and visual appraisal techniques
- Be a talented designer with a strong interest in delivering high quality projects
- Be proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe Design Suite Products
- Have experience in the production of Zone of Theoretical Visibility (ZTV) for visual analysis
What you get back
- All salaries considered
- Profit share bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Healthcare assistance
- CPD Training and unlimited opportunities for Career Progression
- Social events and Team building
- Charity Events – The company even offers to match funds raised for their selected charities!
What employees say
“I love the commercial awareness of the practice as well as the friendly culture and the fun we have out of hours. There’s always something going on.”- Landscape Planning Associate
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Landscape Job in Edinburgh for a Senior or Associate Landscape Planner/Landscape Architect – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Miranda Job Ref: 10429)