Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking to work for a leading Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy in the South East? Due to further successful growth our client is now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work out of their Head Office in Sidcup or EC London.
They work across a variety of sectors to include commercial, education, leisure and housing. Offering an all-encompassing service to their loyal client base to include Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Employer’s Agent, Design and Structural & Civil Engineering. The 170 strong team work collaboratively across 4 sites and work on projects in London, Kent and Sussex.
This is a genuine opportunity to join a collaborative team offering further scope for progression to the right candidate. They are happy to look at someone sitting at an intermediate level and looking to step up or someone who is already sitting at a senior level. If based in London, you will be expected to manage clients from day one and be able to work autonomously.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on refurbishment and some new build projects in London and South East across commercial, education, industrial and residential for a multitude of different clients
- Both pre and post contract surveying duties including budget estimates, cost plans, measurements, contract advice / collation, valuing works on site, cost reports and agreeing final accounts
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards
- Meet client’s expectations in terms of quality of work, value for money and delivery to planned timescales
- Achieve continuous improvement technical quality
- Manage projects to achieve or exceed gross margin targets
- Participate in the technical delivery of the work by the team
- Ensure timely payment of invoices
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed
- Actively participate in training plans
- Assist in the preparation of SQs, PQQs, Fee Bids and any other supporting marketing material
- Contribute to securing new business for the team and actively promote the company’s services
- Contribute to team meetings
- Support the Head of Department in the development of business plans
- Monitor technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Preferably from a consultancy or general practice background, but others will be considered
- Experience with major refurbishment and new build projects
- Ability to work across a variety of projects across commercial, industrial and residential
- Excellent client management skills
- Ideally MRICS or working towards
- Microsoft Office is essential
- Workbench, CADMeasure, JCT Online, NBS Specifier would be an advantage
- Must have access to a car
What you get back
- £45,000 – £65,000 (dependent on experience and inclusive of car allowance)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (increases with years of service)
- Contributory pension
- Continual training and development
- Social events
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Jobs in London – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 10844)