I currently have a great role for a Senior Urban designer to join a highly successful practice, which offer the chance to work on projects in different sectors both in town and country environments. If you want a role with project diversity, great working environment and benefits then this could be the one for you!
The practice is based in the south of Oxfordshire in a picturesque listed building on the riverside with some great views. Established over 25 years ago, they operate in teams of Urban designers, Planners and Architects; all working closely together to achieve a high level of planning approval. This design-led firm works on wide range of projects across residential, education, conservation and sustainable housing.
Role & Responsibilities
• Working on a wide range of project types these include Housing and Mixed-use schemes with projects ranging from one off homes to large scale mixed use and residential developments.
• Working closely with clients to develop in-depth project briefs
• Carrying out site appraisals
• Production of design access statements
• Working on drawing from concept to final layouts stages
• Offer support and leadership to Junior members of the team.
Required Skills & Experience
• Experience on UK housing and mixed use schemes
• Experience in job running
• Proficiency in the production of Visions, Design and Access Statements
• Parameter Plans, residential layouts and masterplanning
• Excellent hand drawing skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Design Suite
• Initiative, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm
• A strong eye for design and presentation
Salary & Package
This Senior Urban Designer role would offer a salary of £45,000 to £50,000 depending on experience along with several benefits such as a contribution pension of 3%, payment of professional memberships, award-winning training and support programmes.
The office is located near the centre of town with easy access to local shops and restaurants. The team meet up every day for tea, and sometimes cake, to discuss current projects; and at lunch may have a quick game of table tennis in the staff room. They have regular social events such as team nights out or a BBQ in the office garden which looks out on to the Thames.
The office offers flexi-hours working, allowing greater flexibility for work-life balance.
They also offer Childcare voucher scheme, Cycle to work and Bonus scheme.
Candidates will be trained and kept up to date on projects, with regular site visits on current projects or to buildings that demonstrate great design to help inspire you.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the position of Urban designer- please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to John.email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Hunter Dunning = Senior Urban Designer Jobs – Architectural Recruitment Specialists