Due to an expanding team and an increase in projects, my award-winning luxury hospitality design client now has a Technical Coordinator job in London to oversee technical delivery of the highest standard. The role offers a superb location in EC London, competitive benefits and progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Established for over 10 years, the practice is market leading in the luxury cruise ship and hospitality sectors. Due to an ever increasing pipeline of projects lined up for 2019, they are growing their team of 37. The newly created role will play an integral part in overseeing the technical team and the delivery of technical packages, to include bespoke joinery and embellishments, overseeing several projects at one time. The company are based in a vibrant part of London with great transport links, a huge variety of eateries, shops and excellent views of the city.
Role & Responsibilities
- Development of design ideas, by way of freehand sketches and CAD drawings
- Produce and oversee production of CAD drawings, details and specifications
- Report on project status at project meetings
- Checking of project documents, including drawings, sketches, schedules and specifications
- Meeting with suppliers and manufacturers
- Keep up to date with Solas /IMO regulations and codes of practice
- Meeting with clients, contractors, and consultants, both in the office and internationally
- Working with the CAD/IT Manager to ensure processes are developed and maintained
- Adopt and encourage an atmosphere of Continued Personal Development (CPD) for yourself and studio design staff
Required Skills & Experience
- Preferably 10+ years’ experience in hospitality and/or high-end residential design
- Experience in mentoring and nurturing several project teams
- Experienced in overseeing the development of technical packages, to include bespoke detailing and embellishments (You must be able to show examples of this in your portfolio)
- Excellent interior construction design knowledge and ability
- Ability to develop technical design / design intent drawings with practical and commercial awareness
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Solas /IMO regulations and codes of practice relevant to all duties and responsibilities undertaken (training can be provided)
- Knowledge of fire regulations relating to commercial properties, especially hotels and cruise ships would be an advantage (training can be provided)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
Salary & Package
- £45,000 Flexible dependent on experience
- 21 days + bank holidays (increasing by 1 day every year, up to 25 days)
- Working hours: 9AM – 6PM Mon-Fri
What you get back
- Social events
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Technical Coordinator job in London EC, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to Kelly Armour Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10158 Technical Coordinator Job in EC London – Your Interior Design Recruitment Specialists