Are you an Urban Designer/Masterplanner based in Birmingham and looking for a supportive team environment, to work on a diverse range of projects and exceptional opportunities for professional development and career opportunities? Then look no further, this is the role for you!
My client is an established practice led by 19 Partners and employing approximately 350 employees in 13 regional offices across the UK. Their portfolio includes residential and commercial schemes, mixed use masterplans and layouts, new settlements, extensions to existing towns, infrastructure-led new communities, regeneration and community-led development proposals.
The Midlands Design team is looking for an Urban Designer / Masterplanner to work alongside the newly established Design team. The Birmingham office boasts a friendly and busy atmosphere. Conveniently located within the heart of the town centre it has easy access to public transport, including being a short walk from both New Street and Snow Hill Stations.
Role & Responsibilities
- To provide mixed use and residential masterplans for UK projects
- Produce urban design concepts supported by well-considered design rationales that take account of technical constraints
- Develop design concepts from initial ideas through to sketch layouts
- Assist at public exhibitions and community engagement workshops to inform the design process
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience of working on large scale UK residential and mixed-use development masterplans, including new settlements and urban extensions in an Urban Design or Masterplanning role
- Either an MA or Postgraduate Diploma in Urban Design and a genuine enthusiasm for creating new high quality and sustainable communities
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to produce high quality hand drawings
- The ability to coordinate large amounts of technical information
- Excellent team working skills, with the ability to lead workshops and develop consensus amongst multiple stakeholder groups
- The ability to work independently, managing your own time and workload to meet deadlines
- Experience within a consultancy environment, working with multi-disciplinary consultancy teams
- An interest in business development and networking opportunities
What you get back
- Competitive Salary
- Profit share bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Healthcare assistance
- CPD Training and unlimited opportunities for Career Progression
- Social events and Team building
- Charity Events – The company even offers to match funds raised for their selected charities!
What employees say
It’s an exciting place to work due to the collaborative nature of the office. Having so many complementary professions working in one space is a new but very positive experience for me!” – Architectural Assistant.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Urban Designer job in Birmingham – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Miranda Job Ref: 10421)