Urban Designer jobs with an AJ50 practice based in Manchester, due to an expanding workload. My client now has various vacancies from Assistant to Senior level Urban Designers to work in a multi-disciplinary and supportive team environment and on a diverse range of projects.
My client is a leading independent Planning and Design consultancy, led by 20 Partners and employing approximately 360 employees in 12 regional offices across the UK. They work across such projects as residential and commercial schemes, mixed use masterplans and layouts, new settlements, extensions to existing towns, infrastructure-led new communities, regeneration and community-led development proposals.
Due to expansion they are growing their design team, they now have multiple Urban Designer jobs across all levels, from Assistant to Senior, to support with medium and large scale residential and mixed-use development masterplans and layouts in the Scottish and North of England markets.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on UK projects, supporting with residential planning applications, predominantly on medium and large scale residential and mixed-use masterplans and housing layouts
- Conducting site, context and character appraisals to inform the design for new developments
- Working up masterplan drawings, design strategies and detailed illustrations to support design principles
- Producing indicative layouts for either parts of or whole developments
- Supporting with the production and testing of concepts for the arrangement of land uses on site
- Supporting with the production of comprehensive design and access statements comprising written and graphic outputs
- Assisting the team to produce comprehensive Design Codes
- Liaising with other technical professionals to ensure technical deliverability of projects
- Producing outstanding work to a specific brief and within tight deadlines
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working on UK residential and mixed-use development masterplans and a proven track record in the delivery of Urban Design or Masterplanning projects
- An understanding of Architecture and an ability to develop detailed codes and 3D briefs
- A strong design background, ideally with an MA or Postgraduate Diploma in Urban Design
- Excellent written communication skills
- An awareness of Planning issues and Local Authority design standards in layouts
- Ability to produce high quality hand drawings
- Fluency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Sketchup (Revit would be beneficial – although training will be provided)
- Excellent team-working skills
- A willingness to learn and progress
- Ability to manage their own time and workload independently
- Business development capability – able to engage with clients and sell integrated design services
- Excellent and in-depth house builder / developer knowledge
- Familiarity with housing layouts and an ability to produce 1:1000 block plan/proving layouts for residential and mixed-use schemes
Salary & Package
- Salary of between 35,000 and £40,000
- Profit share bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Healthcare assistance
What you get back
- Career Progression
- Social events
- Team building
- Charity Events – The company even offers to match funds raised for their selected charities!
What employees say
It’s an exciting place to work due to the collaborative nature of the office. Having so many complementary professions working in one space is a new but very positive experience for me!” – Architectural Assistant.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Urban Designer; Assistant to Senior Vacancies in Manchester opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to John.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10011
Hunter Dunning = Urban Designer Jobs; Assistant to Senior Vacancies in Manchester – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists