Are you burying your head in the snow about wanting to leave your job?
At a time of year when we are planning for Santa’s arrival, Christmas parties and family dinners, job searching might be another stress you just don’t need. With this in mind, it is only too easy to sit back and think “I’ll wait until in the New Year to look for a new job”. However, it is a common misconception that job hunting is too much effort and time consuming. Using a recruiter is an easy way to make your career change stress-free and time efficient as we do all the hard work for you.
Waiting until 2018 to start looking for a new job could make your search much more difficult, here are 10 reasons why now is the best time to start:
- Lots of people start looking in January. This means that there is much more competition.
- Thinking New Year, New Start? By finding a job now, you can start in your new role straight away in the new year.
- Leaving your search until January will mean that your notice period could run into February, March or beyond.
- By registering with us before January, you’ll be first to know of any opportunities before the rush.
- Interviews will be easier to book because you’ll already be on holiday. Goodbye awkward excuses to be out of the office!
- At this time of year, decision makers are easier to get hold of and have more time to consider your CV.
- People are generally happier at Christmas! This means everyone is more friendly and receptive, get that Christmas Cheer Benefit whilst you can.
- Finding the perfect job for you isn’t always a quick fix. The recruitment process can take longer than you think, especially for senior positions where a specific candidate is required.
- If you get in before Christmas, you’ll be able to join in with the office Christmas festivities making your transition between jobs much easier and fun.
- In January, after all those dinners, bottles of wine and chocolates, you might not fit into your interview outfit 🙂
If you’re looking for a new role, are dissatisfied in your current position or are obsessively counting down the days until you can get out of the office, get in touch with us before the end of the year so we can start your job search now. We may just have the perfect opportunity for you allowing you to start the new year with a new job.