Hoped to be the first of many, architecture and design publisher, Dezeen is launching a “Dezeen Day” to be held in London on 30th October 2019.
Dezeen Day 2019 will be tacking key topics such as new materials, circular design and education. The overall aim of the conference is to set the agenda for the global design community.
Launched in 2006, Dezeen is one of the most popular and influential architecture and design magazines in the world. Boasting an audience in the multi-millions, the publication is in the best place to launch a new conference bringing together like-minded individuals will similar agendas.
Dezeen founder and editor-in-chief, Marcus Fairs said “Dezeen’s mission is to set the agenda for the world’s design community.
“Dezeen Day will allow us to put our editorial values on a stage, where we will explore the most pressing issues facing designers.
“Last year hundreds of architects and designers travelled to London for the Dezeen Awards winners party. This year we want to offer them a full programme of activities so they go back home inspired, enriched, having made dozens of new friends and contacts.”
Highlights of Dezeen Day
The day will be jam packed with a wealth of knowledge and speakers from across the industry. Everything from the future of design, eco-friendly materials, building businesses and “world-changing” ideas will be discussed.
Some of the speakers include:
- Dutch designer Nienke Hoogvliet will be discussing her research using materials including sewage and seaweed
- Curator of the recent Barbican Centre exhibition about artificial intelligence, Suzanne Livingston will be speaking about artificial intelligence
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation chief executive, Andrew Morlet will speak about how architects and designers can help transform the global economy
- Biofabrication designer Natsai Audrey Chieza will discuss future materials including biofabrication and using microbes instead of chemicals
- Architect Arthur Mamou-Mani will speak about using post-plastic materials in design.
See the full list of Dezeen Day speakers
The day will start at 9am and finish around 5.30pm. Dezeen Day Tickets purchased here
Property Design & Maintenance Recruitment Specialists
Hunter Dunning is one of the leaders in the Property Design & Maintenance Recruitment Specialist markets. We provide our customers with second to none recruitment solutions, plus the latest industry insights, statistics and news. Check back on our blog regularly for updates such as these.
Want to make more of your career in property? Search our current Property jobs, Architecture jobs, and Interior Designs jobs.